Tuesday 17 May 2011

Snipping and pruning!

Mainly pruning really!! Putting right all the niggly bits on recent pieces that I wasn't happy with so that they are in a state that I am happy with.

'Summertime' has had the citrine chips redone.  There is less movement in them now and they are not going anywhere!!  I have also woven around the bail it was a little plain for my liking!


This Dragons Blood Jasper pendant has had the hole cleverly disguised with an old faithful silver bead!!
In all honesty I am still contemplating taking the bigger bead away and replacing it with a smaller one as it is still niggling me a little!

(For some very strange reason this picture will NOT rotate!  It has decided how it wants to be and that is that.  So may I kindly ask that you lay accross your desks on your right side in order to view from the correct angle!! ha ha)

This is 'South West' which was waiting for it's necklace to be completed.  Done now!

There is alot of satisfaction in adding final touches to pieces but there isn't a new exciting feeling about them!!!  So I closed my eyes and chose a stone from those that arrived on Friday....the Orange Calcite.

I didn't do anything outrageous with it, just settled the urge to create something new. ...


'Equilibrium'

Apparently orange calcite restores mental and emotional equilibrium. - I can tell you I'm going to need a little more than this to restore my mental balance!! ha ha
It is held by a netted bezel designed by Eni Oken.  I have woven a  bail and decorated it with a glass butterfly.
On my list of to do's tomorrow... I have to remove the marks from my Pie Crust pendant (still haven't done it, to redo the star pendant or not and then an idea I have had..... a Filo Pastry Parcel!! Watch this space!!

It's a long one today.....

"When things go wrong as they sometimes will, When the road you're trudging seems all up hill, When the funds are low and the debts are high, And you want to smile, but you have to sigh, When care is pressing you down a bit, Rest if you must, but don't you quit. Life is queer with its twists and turns, As every one of us sometimes learns, And many a failure turns about, When he might have won had he stuck it out. Don't give up though the pace seems slow--You may succeed with another blow, Success is failure turned inside out--The silver tint of the clouds of doubt, And you never can tell how close you are, It may be near when it seems so far; So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--It's when things seem worst that you must not quit." - Unknown
x

No comments: